Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Introducing our little guy!!

Our little guy has finally arrived. We are naming him Ethan Garrett Johnson. He was born on July 5th at 6:44am. His other stats are...8lbs 14oz (2lbs 2oz bigger than Ashlie) and 21inches long.

Check out those chubby cheeks!!
He was a lot bigger than anyone expected him to be. If we would have expected an almost 9lb baby, I would have definately got an epidural. But I guess now I can say I went completely natural. Ethan's shoulders got stuck and there were some concerns because of that. The doctor wondered if his clavacal had been broken, but after getting him checked out he seemed fine.
He already has rolls
In the hospital he also had some problems with his blood sugar levels and his oxygen levels kept dropping. After spending a couple of hours with me, they basically took him and had him hooked up to all sorts of monitors. They would bring him to me to nurse him, and took him again. But he seems to have overcome those problems now.

Yesterday he had his 2 week check and is now a big 9lb 10oz baby. He is growing fast.  He likes to eat, and eats about every two hours.  He is slowly making his way to every three hours.  YEAH!!

The girls have loved him.  They have been great helps to me lately.  It took a little longer for me to get back to moving the way I used to.  He was a big baby and I ended up tearing quite a bit.  For the most part I am back to my normal self.  As normal as you can be with a new baby in the family anyway. 

Meeting big sisters for the first time.


Ashlie commented the first time she held him "Heavy" 
I guess she was expecting the weight of a baby doll.








4 comments:

Becky said...

CONGRATS MINDY & FAM! Are you headed our way anytime soon? It would be fun to see you. That looks like a ton of FUN!

Kristina said...

What a cutie!! Congratulations you guys! =)

Nicky said...

Have I told you yet how dang cute he is? I think it best I don't get to see him or hold him anytime soon. He might just make me baby hungry!

Andrea Brooks said...

Congrats --he is so cute! Those deliveries can be tough sometimes. Let me know if you still want to pay a visit to Smithfield. It would be fun!