Wednesday, February 24, 2010

18 Years!

Yep, we've made it to 18 years.  Valentine's Day was our 18th anniversary.  Very few people realize that Wade and I have been married that long, but it took 8 years to have our first child.  Another 2 years and I've been married longer than I was single.  Weird. 

Wade's parents offered to take the girls overnight.  So Wade took me to dinner at Famous Dave's.  It was YUMMY!  And a ton of food.  Afterward we wandered the mall and Target for a bit.  Then we headed home.  We had rented a movie, and just hung out together without kids.  It was nothing fancy at all, but we enjoyed just being together, and just talking.  And we didn't have to worry about kids at all.  It was a very enjoyable evening.  Since Valentine's day is usually busy, we rarely go out on our anniversary.  We started a new tradition a few years ago, and the kids love it.  We go out, before or after the 14th, but on Valentine's day we have dinner in the dark.  We usually make a nicer dinner and eat it by candlelight with the girls.  They look forward to "Dinner in the Dark" every year.  We still get our night out, so we don't mind sharing Valentine's day with the girls.

Wade is a wonderful man, even more so than I ever thought.  He is a great husband, father, provider, priesthood holder, he is just a  great all round guy.  I am so blessed to have him as my husband for eternity.    Wade, I love you!

No comments: